We’re looking for a fantastic volunteer photographer! Working with the Development & Communications department, you’ll help us to capture moments & memories for use in our future creative assets & campaigns.
For 40+ years, the warmth of The Kettle Society has empowered with people living with mental illness, substance use, poverty, and/or homelessness by providing housing, employment, community services and enrichment programs.
Our organization serves a community of 5,000+ vulnerable individuals each year, manages 400+ units of supportive housing, and operates a mental health drop-in centre that provides meals every day of the year. We also provide advocacy services, an ID bank, homeless outreach, a women’s transition house, a health clinic, a volunteer program, and supported employment. Our enrichment programs span self care & sufficiency, community interaction, art, music, writing and the outdoors.
- Great at capturing candid moments
- Ability help to tell an impactful story with imagery
- A genuine interest in engaging with and empowering vulnerable people
- Have a genuine interest in making a positive impact with our community
You are an experienced photographer (who lives in the Vancouver Area) with demonstrated success capturing beautiful imagery and a passion for helping vulnerable people. With high level of integrity, and a healthy dose of humbleness you have the ability to work as successfully with a team as you do independently. You have a natural capacity to inspire and engage individuals you work with to ensure their comfort and dignity are maintained. You are curious, understanding and always abreast of the most cutting edge industry best practices.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience
- A certificate/diploma in photography; or equivalent experience
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships
- Entrepreneurial spirit, rises to a challenge and has a solution-focused approach
- Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the opportunity for others to do the same
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Videography skillset would be an asset – But is not required!