We’re hiring! Reporting to the Director, Development & Communications, our new Donor Connection & Support Volunteer will support our donation activities by connecting with donors & entering donor data into our system. You’ll connect with those who we value most – our supporters – and help to empower vulnerable people living with mental illness, substance use, poverty and homelessness!
This volunteer opportunity is 100% able to be remote! We’re looking for someone who can commit to approx. 2-3 hours a week.
The Kettle Society works with and supports people living with mental illness, poverty, homelessness, and substance use. Our organization serves 6,000+ vulnerable individuals each year, manages 400+ units of supportive housing, and operates a mental health drop-in centre that provides meals every day of the year. We also provide advocacy services, an ID bank, homeless outreach, a women’s transition house, a health clinic, a volunteer program, and supported employment.
- Collaborate with colleagues (grassroots to senior leadership level) across our organization
- Collaborate on the development to communicate with our valued donors regarding updates and thank yous!
- Enter donor data into our donor management system
You are someone who loves to connect with people, and have a passion for helping vulnerable individuals. With high level of integrity, and a healthy dose of humbleness you have the ability to work as successfully within a team as you do independently. You have a natural capacity to inspire and engage individuals to do greater good and are a life-long learner. You are curious, understanding and always abreast of the most cutting edge industry best practices.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of related experience in a similar role with direct responsibility for communicating with customers or donors
- A certificate/diploma in business, fundraising, marketing and/or communications; or equivalent experience
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships
- Entrepreneurial spirit, rises to a challenge and has a solution-focused approach
- Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the opportunity for others to do the same
- Experience with donor stewardship
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Strong computer literacy and donor research/management tool familiarity
- Ability to thrive in a multi functional team environment and be self-motivated
- Superior written and oral communications skills including but not limited to writing clearly, concisely and with persuasion in an effort to evoke emotion